Kids, coaches, parents, teachers, friends and relatives. Bullying is everyone’s problem, and if we want it to stop, we can’t look the other way. We have to be willing to “Call it when we see it.”
That’s why it’s so important to participate in the Red Card campaign. We give you the resources to make a difference. All you have to do is use them. Together, we can make a difference for kids in the greater Kansas City area.
Pledge to Call it When You See It
Take the pledge. Together, we can stop bullying in the greater Kansas City area.
Become a School Partner
Red Card is a free campaign provided thanks to a partnership between Children’s Mercy Kansas City and Sporting KC. There’s no cost and no contract for school partners.
The resources we provide participating schools include:
- Video with Sporting KC player
- IPTV images
- Tip cards for all students, teachers and parents in English and Spanish
- Elementary school coloring sheets
- Print and digital campaign posters for grade and middle school students
- Trading card packs for all students
- Promotional items
- Sports area / stadium signage
- Pledge posters addressing body shaming, cyberbullying, verbal abuse, transgender/pronoun use, disability, etc.
- T-shirts for student leadership
- Weekly announcements and social messages
- Teacher resources in our exclusive partner area
In return, all we ask is that school partners distribute Red Card materials as appropriate, share feedback about the campaign with Children’s Mercy, and that students participate in brief surveys before and after implementing the campaign.
This will help us learn more about bullying in our community so that we can continue to address this important issue.
Currently, more than 30 schools across the greater Kansas City area are active partners in the Red Card campaign, and more schools are joining us every day. To participate, email RedCardKC@cmh.edu.
Spread the Word
Help us tell others about the Red Card campaign, and how important it is to stop bullying now. Did you take the pledge? Share it.
Share the pledge with your friends:
Red Card is a free campaign provided thanks to a partnership between Children’s Mercy Kansas City and Sporting KC.
Here are a few of the many free resources available to our partner schools: